New PC Build - RAM Problen

SoggyCabbages 22:51 28 Aug 2018

System specs firstly:

HyperX DDR4 8GB 2666Mhz RAM AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 ghz CPU ASRock x370 Killer SLI Motherboard Corsair Tx-650M PSU (Storage irrelevant to question)

So this is my first PC build but I'd like to think of myself quite knowledgeable with computers. All built together okay go to turn on the computer and it boot loops, insert the motherboard speaker and it is emitting 3 beeps which I look on the ASRock website and that's UEFI Bios code for RAM problem

Originally I looked on my motherboard's compatiblity list for Ram as I originally bought some Timetec RAM, that wasn't on the list so I thought if I buy the HyperX stuff as stated above then all will be rosey. But however I go to turn it on today with the new memory installed and still the same three beeps and in a boot loop. But I thought that RAM compatibility doesn't matter too much so was perplexed at that myself. I can definitely say I haven't received dead RAM sticks as both the HyperX and Timetec stuff didn't work.

I've tried all four slots individually with each card, literally every combination possible, but to no avail and the same three beeps. I know Ryzen CPUs like slots 2 and 4 but no combination is working.

I'm lost as to what it could be. Have I possibly damaged the slots themselves that the RAM sits in? But I would have thought that would be difficult to do.

I can provide further details and pictures if needed.

Thanks guys I spent a fair bit of money on this and don't want to see it go to waste!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs