New Motherboard Asus A7V8X-X & BIOS file saving

Giggle n' Bits 15:18 14 Jun 2003

I have fitted a new Asus A7V8X-X motherboard and would like to save the BIOS as the manual says for emergency backup.

The manual for the Motherboard mentions a Bootable floppy disk. I know that a Formatted Floppy has some system files hidden away but is this ok to use this floppy to back up the BIOS of the new motherboard or would the hidden system files cause harm ?.

I will maybe then want to update the BIOS at a later date if I change to a higher CPU.

Manual mentions using a Bootable floppy disk for the back up procedure, does anyone have any easy to follow step by step instruction on this please.

BIOS updates is something I have never done for motherboards and want to add the knowledge as a learing curve if any one can help.

Giggle n' Bits 20:19 14 Jun 2003

Thanks for the info, sorry if I am sounding a bit thick with my next question:-

Ok is this what I do:- Get a blank formatted floppy and reformat copying the system files or can I use the Boot disk what your use for installing say Win98 O/s even though this pc will have a WinXP when I install it fresh on new HDD ?.

i get mixed up and confused between a Boot disk & a start up disk and then I know that WinXp does not need a floppy to install that o/s so there is actually no XP floppy boot disk apart from the click here site.

Again thanks for the imput Bebee & Bodi ! I will also view the file of the motherboard CD.

Giggle n' Bits 21:29 14 Jun 2003

Just setting up the BIOS.

Giggle n' Bits 22:16 14 Jun 2003

I understand it now.

Will leave post open to I can find my it for ref later this weekend then close it after.

Thanks Bebee !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this Illustrator…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Razer Phone 2