New Monitor - Full Screen just a tad too large

wee eddie 17:45 04 Sep 2018
Answered

How do I reduce it by 1/2 an inch all round

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:02 04 Sep 2018
Answer

what resolution are you using?

right click a space on the desktop - display settings - change your resolution until it fits the screen.

wee eddie 20:56 04 Sep 2018

I am using the Recommended Resolution which is 1920 x 1080

I have trued your suggestion of 1680 x 1050 and it appears to work but that is not the resolution suggested by the Manual.

wee eddie 20:58 04 Sep 2018

I'll get used to it. Thanks

wee eddie 21:01 04 Sep 2018

It's not as crisp

lotvic 23:06 04 Sep 2018

It's not the resolution setting - You need to go into the graphics card properties, example: NVIDIA Control Panel (right click on Desktop), and select the Adjust desktop size and position option click here

wee eddie 00:00 05 Sep 2018

Lotvic. I had previously tried to do what Brink suggested. Unfortunately it only moves the screen position, to left or right, up or down, it does not appear shrink the screen, and I was not able to find anyway of reducing the size of the Window.

According to Acer, the Native Resolution is 1920 x 1080, but this produces a picture that is about 5mm larger, all round, than the Screen

rdave13 08:28 05 Sep 2018

If you have an AMD card check if you have scaling mode. This adjusts the over and underscan issue. Link.

alanrwood 09:36 05 Sep 2018

Your graphics card software usually includes a scaling function where you can increase or decrease the size of the display area without changing the resolution.

wee eddie 11:19 05 Sep 2018

I have tried the Nvidia Scaling Function for the 'window to fit the screen', there are 3 options. but it seems to make no difference.

I shall try other options

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)