new LED keyboard not working

Dankyxd 18:20 03 Dec 2018
Answered

Hi all, a few weeks ago i bought a new keyboard (trust gxt 845, with led lights) and it worked fine until now. I've had the problem several times now that none of the keys work on my pc, except the button on the keyboard itself to toggle the led lighting. It starts when i start up my pc and i see that the lights arent working. Then i replug the keyboard, after which the lights work again but none of the other keys beside the light switch work. The weird thing is that sometimes the next day it seems to have fixed, and work normally again until several days later i get the same problem. I've tried troubleshooter, but it can't find anthing. Also after i shut down my pc the led lights are still on for a while, until i unplug the keyboard. I don't know a lot about computers, so if this explanation is unclear im sorry for that.

Kind regards, jesse

john bunyan 18:35 03 Dec 2018
Answer

If in U.K. you could ask for a replacement or refund from the seller.

Dankyxd 19:25 03 Dec 2018

I am looking to fix the problem, or at least locate it, and maybe then ill ask for a refund if nothing works.

MJS WARLORD 21:12 03 Dec 2018

do you turn your pc off at the wall socket when you have finished using it. The reason I ask is because I have been doing some home extension work and had to turn off ALL electricity from time to time. When the mains power was restored the lights on my corsair strafe would strobe oddly and I could not type. To get around this I made sure the keyboard was unplugged before turning the pc on then once at desktop I plugged the keyboard back in and everything was ok.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?