New Int. PCI 56K/V92 Modem on MSI-6340M v1

Giggle n' Bits 22:05 29 Sep 2003

Tried 2 new modems which are 56k/v92 PCI Internal.
The problem is the computer will not boot or show any display when modem is fitted into PCI Slot. I have tried 2 free PCI slots and the Monitor just enters amber to standby and thats all.

Shurely the two modems carn't both be dead or faulty ? Is it a compatibilty issue with this old MSI-6340M Rev.1 motherboard which I wapped out of my mates old Tiny branded pc.

Any suggestions welcome.

madPentium 22:21 29 Sep 2003

is could be a conflict problem. Look in the bios and make sure that interupts havn't been allocated to pci slots.

madPentium 22:22 29 Sep 2003

Also, not sure, but some of those motherboards had built in modems. Again, check onboard modem is disabled in the bios.

Giggle n' Bits 22:23 29 Sep 2003

In bios there is nothing relating to onboard modem but the downloaded manual shows different bios which has settings for it.

The only ref in bios I have is MC97 Modem Auto, Enable or Dissable.

Giggle n' Bits 22:26 29 Sep 2003

Now thats something I do not understand.

All I can say is all PCI slts are free unless i put the modem in a slot and theres a AGP card in AGP slot.

Giggle n' Bits 22:37 29 Sep 2003

1 is a 56K/V90 & other is a 56K/V92 so that rules out the V90/92 compatibilty issue.

The The motherboard did have a:. think they call it a CNR or ANR modem but that was damaged or dead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?