I have a pretty frustrating problem. I just bought this PC:

• Intel Core i5 7400 3.0 GHz

• Nvidia GeForce 1060 6 GB

• Mother board MSI 110M ECO

• 8GB RAM

• 1TB HDD

• 240GB SSD KINGSTONE

• 520W Source, forgot the manufacter

I first had windows 7 put on it but because the windows was too old, it wouldn't function well with the graphics card and I would get screen tearing. The video games were running just fine though. I upgraded to windows 10 and after playing a game like CS:GO I noticed that I had like 300 FPS, which was very good. I then closed my PC, went to sleep and noticed the next day the maximum frame rate I was getting was like 150 FPS, which wouldn't be bad at all, if i did not get sudden frame drops to like 40-50 fps. I then tried other games and noticed that in all of them my frame rate was lower than normal. I then wanted to play Insurgency, a very old game that should run very good and I cant even get 50 frames. I tried everything possible and now I'm scared that there is a problem with my mobo, even though the PC is 3 days old.

The only thing I have in mind is that maybe the source or the cooler needs a replacement, because the PC has the Intel stock cooler, but after all it's new so this shouldn't be a problem.

(I considered everything, I troubleshooted everything, please help me).

I'm frustrated because I dreamed for this computer a lot and saved all my pocket money on monthes.. The worst part is that because I added the SSD i dont have any warranty on anything!

Please help me! I don't know what to do. I really hope it's not something wrong with the components! At first it worked so well and i was so happy to know i spent my money well, and then.... Help me please, thanks.

Secret-Squirrel 18:01 02 Mar 2018

The first thing to try when a Windows 8/10 PC plays up is to restart it. Shutting down and turning the PC back on will have no effect. Click the Power button and choose Restart.

Razvan Banescu 18:08 02 Mar 2018

I restarted it several times because I also tried reinstaling some drivers in search for a solution.

rdave13 21:12 02 Mar 2018

What security software do you run?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment savoir si quelqu'un a bloqué votre numéro de téléphone ?