New Hard Drive

Ade_1 08:45 09 Apr 2006

Hi, i am looking into buying a new hard drive and having my current one as a second. I know i have space for 2 but i was wondering how to go about it, i am looking arat getting another SATA and im pretty confident on the connection etc but i just wanted to know what else i need to know about buying one before i put it in as i dont want to go buying the wrong one.

Ade_1 12:45 09 Apr 2006

Hi, sorry for delayed response, I currently have an 80GB HDD. Where abouts can i find the spec of my current hard drive? Im assuming Everest would tell me...

(Thanks for the advice everyone)

howard63 12:48 09 Apr 2006

if you are happy opening up the pc all the info you require is on the existing hard drive.

Ade_1 12:55 09 Apr 2006

yeh, i dont mind, i just wondered if there was anothwer way round it because the side of my case is really annoying to get back on, but i dont mind opening it just to check :)

Ade_1 13:07 09 Apr 2006

Just to inform you, i have a Maxtor 6L080M0 currently. After looking at Everest It has an
8mb buffer
7200RPM

Anything else i need to know, there is alot more info there but dont know how much of it i actually need to compare with a new one.

Also, if i get a new hard drive, if i make it the primary one, will i need to reinstall windows on it, or would i have to buy Windows XP again?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Asus ROG Phone review

How Esports branding got a brand new look

How to stop your iPhone, iPad or Mac getting hacked

Comment regarder les Oscars 2019 ?