New Graphics card bracket (full height)

  Boris {B<) 18:20 26 Jun 2010

Any idea where I can source a full height bracket to replace the half height/low profile one as fitted to this particular card ?
click here This is the only picture of it I can find :(


  johnnyrocker 20:37 26 Jun 2010

might it not be an idea to ask the seller?


  Boris {B<) 22:40 26 Jun 2010

I haven#t bought that card I've linked to :).

That picture is is the only illustation of the one I'm referring to that I could find through Google.

I'm trying to resurrect a PC for a pensioner friend as his on-board graphics chip died, and he has been given this unused card which had originally been bought for a low profile build which never took place.

I could try bodging it into place, but surely you can buy a standard bracket with DVI and TV out apertures from somewhere ?

  Ibanez2010 06:51 27 Jun 2010

That card looks like it has a standard bracket. If you're trying to fill gaps on the back of the PC why not use blanking plates instead? click here

  Boris {B<) 23:56 27 Jun 2010

@ Ibanez2010

Believe ne - it is a low profile card and the bracket is 80mm in length compared to the 120mm of a standard one.

  Ibanez2010 10:41 28 Jun 2010

Would it not be easier to just buy a cheap full size graphics card that WILL fit?

  I am Spartacus 11:33 28 Jun 2010

Depending on the layout of the ports there's click here or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

Best Mac video editors

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts