New flatbe photo scanner needed

tonyq 16:24 28 Jul 2018
Answered

Hi, I am having problems with my Epson Perfection 3490 Photo scanner, think it is lamp, but cannot find out how to replace it, had it quite a few years so may be time for a replacement for home use. Looking for suggestions thinking Epson or Canon, will be used for photos and documents.

AroundAgain 22:13 28 Jul 2018

I have the Canon 220 LIDE, had it for a couple of years now, and have no problems with it. I'd recommend it.

I have it running on Win 10 but had it also running on Win 7 & 8 before that.

Not too expensive - £69.99 in Currys / £54.99 Amazon; both free delivery

tonyq 09:28 29 Jul 2018

AroundAgain, thank you for the suggestion, had a look on Canon site click here and it sounded ok but has No Optical Character Recognition (OCR) which I would like to have.

AroundAgain 11:50 30 Jul 2018

Does OCR not come with the package?

I don't use it so didn't consider that.

How about a free download, such as here click here

tonyq 14:24 30 Jul 2018
Answer

I have already ordered the Perfection V370 A4 Photo Scanner,from Jessops £99.99 at least £30 cheaper than most places, but thank you anyway.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs