New Firmware 4 Netgear DG834(G)

phono 23:26 12 Feb 2005

For anybody that has a Netgear DG834 or DG834G router, there is a Beta firmware upgrade at the following link, click here I have been using it for a while now without problems, it adds some VPN wizards and so forth.

But remember, it's a Beta release, so try at your own risk.

phono 08:30 17 Feb 2005

Oh well, no one seems interested.

ensonricky 09:29 17 Feb 2005

Beta Beware

GibsonSt19 10:44 17 Feb 2005

And it's fine, but that doesn't mean it will be fine for you.

phono 19:41 18 Feb 2005

As I said in my first message I have been using it since it was released and have not had any problems so far.

anchor 19:54 18 Feb 2005

How do I check what firmware version I already have?. When was the beta version released?.

What are VPN wizards?.

phono 20:04 18 Feb 2005

Access your router from your browser in the usual way using http: // 192.168.01/ then enter your user name and password, the defaults are admin and password, you should now be at a page called Router Status, at the top centre your firmware version is listed.

VPN wizards are wizards to help you set up a VPN or Virtual Private Network, in other words you can use a computer on the Internet to securely access a private network.

phono 20:09 18 Feb 2005

Forgot to add, I have been using the Beta version for at least a week now, the router is permanently left switched on, and has been I migh add, since I first got it nearly two years ago. It has never given me any problems at all.

ensonricky 16:28 19 Feb 2005

Usual guidance applies, if you're not currently experiencing any problems leave well alone especially if as it's a Beta. phono, what previous version did you flash?

phono 20:01 19 Feb 2005

The router initially came with v1.03 and was subsequently updated to v1.05 before flashing to the Beta mentioned.

ensonricky 20:26 19 Feb 2005

I only asked because like you I started off with v1.03 which required a reboot of the modem/router about once a week.

However since updating to v1.05 about a year ago I have never dropped a connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?