New Firefox released

canard 11:00 16 Sep 2004

click here Scroll down for Firefox 1.0. So far it's working OK.

rawprawn 11:21 16 Sep 2004

Look click here

iscanut 12:58 16 Sep 2004

canard

I am using version 0.9.2. Will the new PR1 version install over this or do I need to uninstall old before installing new ?

plsndrs3 13:36 16 Sep 2004

I cannot get rawprawn's lnk to work, so am reposting
click here

Nuts - you need to uninstall previous versions as the program then seems to load better.

I am now on version 1.0 without any problems.

HTH

Paul

€dstowe 13:40 16 Sep 2004

I have installed the new version on top of the old without a problem.

One point, though. The Google toolbar is not compatible with the new version of Firefox.

mbp 13:46 16 Sep 2004

I have always read from the Mozilla site that it is recommended that you should uninstall an existing Mozilla program before installing the latest version. FWIW!

rawprawn 13:55 16 Sep 2004

I have just installed it on top of the other with no problems, yesterday I uninstalled the old one andinstalled this one, and got problems. There is no justice. It seems fine now.

Diodorus Siculus 13:55 16 Sep 2004

€dstowe - nor are a number of extensions which I miss, in particular the tabbrowser extension upon which I came to rely quite heavily, without realizing it.

Similarly, ieview, firesomething, copy plain text and Basics are all listed as incompatible.

Still, I like some of the new features.

rawprawn 13:57 16 Sep 2004

Sorry don't know why it didn't work.

plsndrs3 14:21 16 Sep 2004

rawprawn

plsndrs3 14:28 16 Sep 2004

rawprawn - only reason I mentioned it was ro explain why I was posting the same thing!

Diodorus Siculus - did you try the link on the previous page supplied for new extensions? I went though listing 'all' and most of the ones I had are there. Extensions are renamed - but Google is there. Also, tab is in the new version - Icon now looks like a page coming out of a fax with a green plus on it [?]

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?