New build PC no video output or beep codes...

Skiff85 12:26 27 Apr 2018

I just built a new PC and now as in the title, there is no display output and there is no beep code (I have tried 2 motherboard speakers and neither of them beeps). When I turn the pc on, all he fans come on (case, gpu and cooler) and all the lighting (Ram, motherboard, GPU). I have tried a known working HDMI cable from the motherboard and both GPU sockets, I also tried a DVI cable, still no output. I have also tried a lot of other things including everything listed here: click here spec is:

• i7 8700k
  • GTX 1080ti Rog Strix
  • Maximus Hero x motherboard
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Samsung EVO 850 250 GB ssd
  • GSkill Trident Z 32 GB DDR 4000
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
  • NZXT h440

I just dont know what to do next so any help is appreciated.

The

Jollyjohn 12:48 27 Apr 2018

What are the Q codes telling you?

See here for manual click here Page 31 shows the Q code LEDs and the Appendix lists the codes

Skiff85 16:20 28 Apr 2018

The Q-code I get is 00 which the table just says is "not used", so I am unsure what that means. I did google it and I keep reading that it can indicate CPU issues though I don't know how I can confirm this, I don't have another CPU to try or another motherboard with the same socket. Any ideas?

Jollyjohn 16:44 28 Apr 2018

Remove all RAM and reboot - note Q code and then add one stick RAM and try again.

Remove and reseat CPU.

I notice there is an 8 pin power connector towards top of board. Has this got an 8 pin connector plugged in?

Skiff85 10:50 30 Apr 2018

Q-code remained the same at 00 throughout. There's 2 4pin connectors powering the cpu, I assume this is the same a single 8 pin.

I removed and reseated the CPU, I also checked for any bent pins that may be affecting it but there are none that I can see.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:45 30 Apr 2018

list of things to try click here its looking like cpu or motherboard failure.

but

Skiff85 10:53 01 May 2018

I have tried everything on that list, it was the first thing I found as mentioned in my first post. I agree it looks like motherboard or cpu failure but I have no idea how to diagnose it further to find out what the problem is.

Jollyjohn 12:40 01 May 2018

I think return the parts to the supplier for testing is the next step.

I agree it looks like a cpu or motherboard failure, especially as trying to boot without RAM didn't give a different Q code.

Skiff85 18:51 11 May 2018

Just an update, replaced the motherboard and the pc now works but I have encountered some other issues (In this thread if anyone wants to help :P). Thanks for the help with the first problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)