New build PC no video output or beep codes...

Skiff85 12:26 27 Apr 2018

I just built a new PC and now as in the title, there is no display output and there is no beep code (I have tried 2 motherboard speakers and neither of them beeps). When I turn the pc on, all he fans come on (case, gpu and cooler) and all the lighting (Ram, motherboard, GPU). I have tried a known working HDMI cable from the motherboard and both GPU sockets, I also tried a DVI cable, still no output. I have also tried a lot of other things including everything listed here: click here spec is:

• i7 8700k
  • GTX 1080ti Rog Strix
  • Maximus Hero x motherboard
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Samsung EVO 850 250 GB ssd
  • GSkill Trident Z 32 GB DDR 4000
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
  • NZXT h440

I just dont know what to do next so any help is appreciated.

The

Jollyjohn 12:48 27 Apr 2018

What are the Q codes telling you?

See here for manual click here Page 31 shows the Q code LEDs and the Appendix lists the codes

Skiff85 16:20 28 Apr 2018

The Q-code I get is 00 which the table just says is "not used", so I am unsure what that means. I did google it and I keep reading that it can indicate CPU issues though I don't know how I can confirm this, I don't have another CPU to try or another motherboard with the same socket. Any ideas?

Jollyjohn 16:44 28 Apr 2018

Remove all RAM and reboot - note Q code and then add one stick RAM and try again.

Remove and reseat CPU.

I notice there is an 8 pin power connector towards top of board. Has this got an 8 pin connector plugged in?

Skiff85 10:50 30 Apr 2018

Q-code remained the same at 00 throughout. There's 2 4pin connectors powering the cpu, I assume this is the same a single 8 pin.

I removed and reseated the CPU, I also checked for any bent pins that may be affecting it but there are none that I can see.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:45 30 Apr 2018

list of things to try click here its looking like cpu or motherboard failure.

but

Skiff85 10:53 01 May 2018

I have tried everything on that list, it was the first thing I found as mentioned in my first post. I agree it looks like motherboard or cpu failure but I have no idea how to diagnose it further to find out what the problem is.

Jollyjohn 12:40 01 May 2018

I think return the parts to the supplier for testing is the next step.

I agree it looks like a cpu or motherboard failure, especially as trying to boot without RAM didn't give a different Q code.

Skiff85 18:51 11 May 2018

Just an update, replaced the motherboard and the pc now works but I have encountered some other issues (In this thread if anyone wants to help :P). Thanks for the help with the first problem.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs