New build freezes repeatedly randomly

Mohad Kamran 15:35 09 Feb 2019

I built a brand new PC a few weeks ago and ever since I first turned it on it has this issue where it randomly freezes up and will not resolve unless you manually restart it using the reset button or holding the power button to turn it off. When the freeze occurs the programs stop responding the cursor changes to the circular loading cursor and anything you click or try to change to by using Alt+Tab will become stuck on screen after which the entire windows UI stops responding as well. The cursor is the only thing that does not freeze. The taskbar, windows explorer, Alt+Ctrl+Del Does not work either.

Here's what I've already tried: Boot Without Second Hard Drive Replace Graphics Card System Memory Diagnostics Replaced Ram Stick (There's only one)

System Specifications

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Gigabyte AB350M-D3H 8GB Corsair Vengence DD4 Ram 120GB Gigabyte SATA SSD (Boot Drive) 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD AMD Radeon Rx 550

Secret-Squirrel 16:24 15 Feb 2019

.........I built a brand new PC........it randomly freezes up...........I did a clean install of windows 10..............now it runs into the blue screen of death...........

Head over to the Gigabyte website, make sure you have the latest AMD chipset drivers, and most importantly, the latest BIOS version installed.

That may just fix your problems.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?