New build freezes repeatedly randomly

Mohad Kamran 15:35 09 Feb 2019

I built a brand new PC a few weeks ago and ever since I first turned it on it has this issue where it randomly freezes up and will not resolve unless you manually restart it using the reset button or holding the power button to turn it off. When the freeze occurs the programs stop responding the cursor changes to the circular loading cursor and anything you click or try to change to by using Alt+Tab will become stuck on screen after which the entire windows UI stops responding as well. The cursor is the only thing that does not freeze. The taskbar, windows explorer, Alt+Ctrl+Del Does not work either.

Here's what I've already tried: Boot Without Second Hard Drive Replace Graphics Card System Memory Diagnostics Replaced Ram Stick (There's only one)

System Specifications

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Gigabyte AB350M-D3H 8GB Corsair Vengence DD4 Ram 120GB Gigabyte SATA SSD (Boot Drive) 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD AMD Radeon Rx 550

wee eddie 16:01 09 Feb 2019

Power Supply?

Mohad Kamran 16:05 09 Feb 2019

Corsair cx550m bronze 80+ 550 watt

Menzie 16:12 09 Feb 2019

I had this issue when I had to reinstall my PC this week. A fresh install of Windows 10 would randomly freeze making the machine unusable.

The solution; download and install the latest version of Windows 10 through the Microsoft site and install that.

Updating with the creation tool or Windows Update will be no good because the machine will freeze.

Backup any data you may have and do a fresh install using the latest build of Windows 10.

Also install the latest B350 (AM4) chipset drivers from AMD and install these.

The system should be perfectly stable once you have both.

Mohad Kamran 16:14 09 Feb 2019

I read somewhere if I installed the drivers that it would fix the issue and that the SATA controller driver was the issue I downloaded and installed the drivers but the the controller driver did not update

wee eddie 16:15 09 Feb 2019

I see that, on its own, your Card requires a 400 Watt PSU

Menzie 16:29 09 Feb 2019

Drivers alone won't solve the issue, again read my post.

See another thread created on the issue here.

There are many similar threads online all with the exact same answers.

Make sure you at least have the 1709 edition of Windows 10 installed (downloading from Microsoft will give you the October 2018 version).

Menzie 16:39 09 Feb 2019

Just to drive the point home my specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700

MSI B350 Tomahawk Motherboard

16GB Corsair DDR4

480MB Corsair M2 NVME Drive

2 X 2TB Seagate Green Drives

Asus Xonar DG Sound Card

Gigabyte W300D Wi-Fi card with Bluetooth 4.0

Asus Radeon R9 290X

Corsair GS600 600W Power Supply

qwbos 00:51 11 Feb 2019

ever since I first turned it on it has this issue....

Where did you get your copy of Windows from? Did you have this issue before you connected to the internet/Windows update?

Which security programs do you have installed?

Where did you download drivers from?

Mohad Kamran 10:03 15 Feb 2019

I followed your instructions to the dot. I did a clean install of windows 10 October 2018 update and now the issue has changed at first it would get stuck with the cursor still moving now it runs into the blue screen of death.

The screen displays one of two stop codes : 1. CriticalProcessDied 2. SystemServiceException

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:40 15 Feb 2019

the common thing with both those BSOD is a bad driver.

Look in Device Manager to see if any devices are marked with the exclamation point (!). Review the events log displayed in driver properties for any faulting driver. Try updating the related driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)