New build does not connect to monitor

Thomas Jørgensen 08:43 15 Mar 2018

Hi Everyone, I just finished my first build: click here (the PSU is the RM750I I could not find it in the partlist) everything lights up when I turn it on and fans start running, but there is no response on the screen.

I have already checked: - All plugins on the motherboard - If the CPU is sitting right/damaged, which looks good with no bend pins or anything - The Display/HDMI (tried both) are plugged into the video card - The RAM in different slots

Nothing has helped so far the little display on the motherboard keeps flashing 00, 15, 30, but it does not reset or turn off, it runs normal with fans.

I hope that this will help, Thank you

Jollyjohn 10:00 15 Mar 2018

Do you get anything if you remove the video card and just use the onboard hdmi?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:43 15 Mar 2018

00 Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then clear CMOS.

01 - 54 (except 0d), 5A- 60 Problem related to memory. Please re-install the CPU and memory then clear CMOS. If the problem still exists, please install only one memory module or try using other memory modules.

Thomas Jørgensen 20:09 15 Mar 2018

Thank you answers, but it did not to try without the videocard.. nothing changed it was just the same display and no input to the monitor.

I have decided to order 2x8gb G.Skill 3200mhz and see if that will work

wiganken2 09:00 16 Mar 2018

Most times video cards get their power from the PCI Express socket they are plugged into but powerful video cards may need a separate power connection because there is not enough power available via the socket. Have you checked that your video card doesn't need a separate power supply from the PSU?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?