Network randomly shutting down on PC

Coruen 14:19 03 Jan 2017
Answered

Hi guys, My PC sometimes does a "KRHHH" sound (not from the PC itself, from my headphones only) and my network connection (Windows 7, next to the sound control) is showing that red "disconnected" symbol. All I can do to fix this is restart PC. It has been happening a lot lately (Yesterday 3 times, in like 2-3 hours intervals). This started happening a few months ago (but only like, 1 time a week). I thought it may have been from playing games (because everytime it happened it was during playing a game, only yesterday i was downloading songs on firefox and it happened again so i figured it can'T be games only - could it be firefox? I have it on all times) I tried checking in Event Explorer (My system is in CZ, so I don't know if it is named like that) but there is just too much events at the time of the network fail. This is really annoying because I play Rust very often and it loads like 10 minutes if starting the game for the first time (From PC start). Any solutions? My specs: CPU: i7 3770 3,40 GhZ... GPU: 2x R9290X (Crossfire)... RAM: 8GB ram DDR3... MB: Intel DZ77GA-70k

Coruen 14:27 03 Jan 2017

Oh and I have wired connection and reconnecting the cable doesn't work.

rdave13 18:44 03 Jan 2017

Could be the Ethernet cable is faulty. Can you try another one?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:58 03 Jan 2017
Answer

try devicemanager -Ethernet adapter- properties - power management tab - untick allow the computer to switch off...

Coruen 21:26 03 Jan 2017

Appreciate the help.

I currently cannot try another cable. This is my only one.

In the device manager->Ethernet->Properties-> I see no power management tab (I guess you meant the third tab?), in which I see only pop-up menu with tons of stuff, but none I can tick/untick.

rdave13 21:53 03 Jan 2017

In device manager my Ethernet connection is called Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller #2. Under Network Adaptors. Your might be a different name and in the properties box there should be a tab for power management.

Coruen 21:57 03 Jan 2017

Thanks man, found it and unticked it. I'll let you guys know in a couple of days if this keeps my net from failing.

Coruen 22:46 04 Jan 2017

So today it happened again. Only once but it happened. I can't change the cable, so any other ideas? I mean it (may) have improved but i would like to not burden myself with this issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T to be sold on contract in UK from O2, EE and Vodafone

Adobe takes the limits off Typekit, renames to Adobe Fonts

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Où acheter un Mac ?