NETWORK PROBLEM

jonski 10:27 19 Dec 2008

On sunday Virgin decided to upgrade their broadband service, i had great problems until they sent me new modem drivers. Yesterday my office got back online. Problem is now our network has gone down. I reconfigured the 2 pcs using set up a new connection and installed it on pc 2...Yesterday it was working without problems, this morning nothing!! The master pc says connected at 400mps yet pc 2 says limited or no connection. I`ve tried again to configure pc 2 but having no luck. thus 2 people are now having to access emails through my pc..Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Jon

ambra4 11:06 19 Dec 2008

How are you connected to virgin modem via a Ethernet cable or USB?

jonski 11:11 19 Dec 2008

Hi, i`m connected via USB and ethernet to the other pc

ambra4 11:13 19 Dec 2008

Not to sure what you mean by virgin sent you a new drivers?

There is no need to install a driver for a Cable or ASDL service via a Ethernet network connection

If you are connected via a USB modem port than it would require that you install the new USB driver

ambra4 11:15 19 Dec 2008

Does the cable modem hive a Ethernet port

jonski 11:17 19 Dec 2008

No, its a Thompson ST330 broadband modem, phone line goes in one plug, and a USB to the pc.

jonski 11:19 19 Dec 2008

No, its a Thompson ST330 broadband modem, phone line goes in one plug, and a USB to the pc.

jonski 11:21 19 Dec 2008

Virgin updated their broadband service and required new drivers to be installed for the thompson modem. I followed the instructions to the letter and it stopped working..They finally sent me a disc with updated drivers for the modem, of which i installed and it workd fine, for 1/2 a day. When i`ve connected this morning the other office pc which shares the internet won`t work atall.

ambra4 11:27 19 Dec 2008

Ok so the first pc is allowing access to the second pc via the windows ICS network

Uninstall the driver from the second pc and take a read at this site

click here

ambra4 11:32 19 Dec 2008

Would also suggest that you close the thread on the help room forum

Select the box and click resolved

jonski 11:34 19 Dec 2008

Which driver do you want me to uninstall?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?