network location can not be reached

StrongMan1980 15:34 10 Oct 2018

Hi everyone.

I am trying to connect to wifi printer within my working network and constantly get an error message: error code 0x800704cf. Network location cannot be reached From other computers coworkers get connection easily. I updated drivers for the latest versions in my laptop, that didn't help me.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:12 10 Oct 2018

One for your IT department if its work related.

If no IT department try just clicking on Diagnose when the error message comes up and let the windows wizard try and sort it. if that doesn't work then there are a few ohter things that can be doe.

Kevin Mason 12:21 12 Oct 2018

Solution: Open CMD with administrator access. Type ipconfig/flushdns, press ENTER Type nbstat -RR. press ENTER Type netsg int ip reset, press ENTER Restart your laptop and external device (your printer).

If the first solution does not work for your laptop, follow this article to reset TCP/IP configs and try some other solution.

StrongMan1980 14:25 16 Oct 2018

Thanks Kevin,

Connection with printer works well now.

john bunyan 14:47 16 Oct 2018

Nice to see two first time posters solving their problems so quickly.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs