Network Drive File format help......

Ste Worrall 12:19 18 Mar 2017

I have a Network HDD that I used to stream Audio/Video files to my AV equipment, the actual housing the HDD is in, has broken, the ethernet connection socket failed, so now I am left with the HDD unit itself, However plugging it into my HDD Caddy, that is connected to my Desktop via USB3, the Desktop doesnt regonise the file system. I have tried using data recovery software but that doesnt recognise the drive either. What, if anything can I do to be able to recover data from this HDD unit. Is there any program out there that can convert the file system into a readbale format? The data on the drive is not valuable to me but I would like to try and recover it, Many thanks

bremner 13:04 18 Mar 2017

You say "to my AV equipment" - what equipment?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:46 18 Mar 2017

was this a NAS unit?

its probably on a linux style formatted drive.

Easus Partition manager (download the free version) will recognise it and you will be able to explore the drive from within EPM and you can save your files to another drive.

Ste Worrall 14:29 18 Mar 2017

Partition manager shows the results as below,How do locate and transfer the files to another drive....the drive I am trying to recover data from is Disk 9

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:04 18 Mar 2017

click on the EXT2 partitions one at a time

then see if you can right click each one and select explore.

Ste Worrall 15:21 18 Mar 2017

I can explore one or two of the partitions but all that shows up on screen is this, it wont allow me to do anything else, Thanks for keeping with me on this

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 18 Mar 2017

Can you click on lost and Found - right click and save it then open an explorer window and paste into a new location?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone 11 Pro vs Huawei P30 Pro: How Pro should you go?

IBC 2019: new video tools from Adobe, Blackmagic, Lenovo and more

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Les meilleurs appareils connect├ęs compatibles avec Google Home (2019)