poppy04 18:58 14 Apr 2004

hi guys, im wanting to connect 2 pc's together so i can get information from one to the other, not for internet i have some files on 1 pc and need to put them on another 1 can anyone let me know what type of cable i need and what it looks like, im a bit dumb when it comes to this please thanks guys


  Lozzy 21:13 14 Apr 2004

PC World sells them,, what you need is a XOver RJ45 cable NOT PATCH RJ45. You will also need a 10/100 Ethernet Card in each PC then boot PC's insert the driver disk into each PC then is using Windows XP follow the Network wizard once completed then go into Win Explorer right click the drive you want to share click on properties then Tab Share and enable the box Share and do that on each PC. Remember to give each PC a different name but keep the network name as MS Home the same on both PC's.

Thats it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique