nero - no audio

[DELETED] 12:41 16 Nov 2003

Greetings.

When I put together a compilation on nero burning rom (v.5.5.10.54) then save it, when it comes to reloading, the audio files although displayed on screen, are both unplayable and show no properties. When I try burning the CD it just says: 'the file format is not supported'; 'error reading data'; 'burn process failed at 8x (1,200 KB/s)'.

Can anyone help me out on this?

The settings are on 'Diskspace strategy (default)' and I am ripping directly from the CD.

Thanks.

[DELETED] 12:48 16 Nov 2003

"I am ripping directly from the CD"

How are you doing this?

[DELETED] 13:19 16 Nov 2003

Using the nero wizard I go onto 'compile an audio cd' then on the file browser I select the tracks I'm after and click on 'copy to compilation'. What I meant was I'm not converting them into say mp3 files.

[DELETED] 13:29 16 Nov 2003

Unless you're immediately copying from disk to disk which from your description I don't think you are, then you're not actually ripping the tracks, merely copying the shortcuts.

[DELETED] 13:56 16 Nov 2003

Agree with leo49. You need to record the tracks you want to your hard disk and then burn to CD from there.

[DELETED] 14:41 16 Nov 2003

When I click on 'copy to compilation' a window comes up saying 'analysing track' and the name of the track is then added to the playlist. If I click on 'play' or 'properties' these work fine though when I save the compilation and come back to it later this is when it fails. I have used this method succesfully before e.g. if I wanted to save a playlist and burn it later though for some reason now it doesn't seem to work. Could installing the various updates have affected this?

[DELETED] 14:49 16 Nov 2003

Unless the tracks are on your HDD or on a CD in an optical drive then a play list is just a wishlist as the tracks don't physically exist and thus there is nothing to burn.

The Nero Help files and this FAQ should make things clearer:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?