Nero 6 In CD seems to crash my computer?

Frosty120 12:08 25 Nov 2003

Hi I've recently bought a Mulitivision 56ND and installed all of the software that came with it. Including Nero 6. One of the programmes installed by Nero is called In CD 4.
I have 2 CD drives and have found that quite often the computer will freeze when I try to open the shortcut to one of the drives. I am able to shut down but task manager says that the In CD GUI has isnt responding, after ending the task, im told that Explorer isn't responding. The computer crashes just before shut down.
Does anyone know of a patch or should I just uninstall In CD? I dont even know what its for!
Frosty

vinnyT 13:39 25 Nov 2003

Hi, try downloading the upgrade, it's at ver 4.0.7.2 (check your ver No. before dloading, by right clicking the InCD icon in your startup bar), from click here

you want Update Package 3 Filesize: 6.79 MB

InCD is a packet writing software that allows you to use cd-rw as floppy disks (ie. you can drag files from your file manager to your cd drive to copy them). Hope this helps.

Djohn 13:47 25 Nov 2003

Can't find it at the moment, but sure I read in the forum that win.XP's own copy facility can cause a conflict with "In CD" and needs to be disabled before using "In CD". j.

soy 14:11 25 Nov 2003

I Have Nero 5.5 which came with my system. InCD always crashes my system at shutdown. This happens when I have used the standby feature in XP. The GUI In CD isn't responding appears and the only way to shutdown is to hold the power button.

I unistalled InCD and I now used the CD-RW facility within Nero itself.

I haven't found anything relating to this problem and haven't seen any patches for InCD, so I would unistall it.

djohn's reply looks hopeful though!

Bluebird 14:23 25 Nov 2003

Have you also got Roxio CD Creator. If you have it causes a conflict with Nero.
The way to overcome that is to install one into programme files and the other to drive C (your hard drive) Hope this helps.

mole44 10:12 12 Jan 2004

i know this may be to late but i just got nero 6 system crashed switched of macaffee anti virus wallah sorted

mole44 10:12 12 Jan 2004

i know this may be to late but i just got nero 6 system crashed switched of macaffee anti virus wallah sorted

Frosty120 22:29 21 Jun 2005

It still crashes from time to time, despite trying to uninstall it! lol, I think it must have reinstalled when I updated.
Hasn't actually caused any problems though so I've learnt to live with it!
Thanks for your help.
Matthew

Frosty120 22:29 21 Jun 2005

It still crashes from time to time, despite trying to uninstall it! lol, I think it must have reinstalled when I updated.
Hasn't actually caused any problems though so I've learnt to live with it!
Thanks for your help.
Matthew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)