Nero 5.5.10.56 and DVD burning.

Border Collie 17:42 05 May 2005

I've been using Nero Burning ROM 5.5.10.56 quite successfully until I tried to get my home video onto DVD. I had tried using DVD-R but on trying to burn I was greeted with 'DVD-Video compliance test failed'. I was told by a friend I should use DVD+R discs and purchased some. Same message appears.

I have successfully made movies with Windows Movie maker and transferred them to CD-Video and viewed them on TV via my home DVD player.

I've also been able to burn my movies on to DVD using DVD-ROM(ISO), which work fine in Windows Media Player but not on my home DVD Player which states it is the wrong sort of disc.

I've done a search on this site and found numerous threads with help and advise.

I appear to be missing something, (a few brain cells maybe), just one question. Do I need any extras to tranfer my home movies to DVD using Nero set at DVD - DVD-Video?

Thank you. BC

pinnicat 17:58 05 May 2005

I know this won't immediately solve your problem , but i had this trouble myself with my digital camcorder and desktop p.c.
I actually achieved the results i wanted by buying a dvd recorder and put the camera through that via audio leads supplied and super video lead. this made it easy to copy on to dvd in the same way you would with video tape. Then i burn copies on my laptop as required. This also works with analogue camcorders and works out cheaper than buying a digi camcorder.
As i said i know it's no great help, but at worst...you are back to the top again.
cheers...mik

Border Collie 18:26 05 May 2005

Thanks for that pinnicat and the <bump>. I have in the past transferred my home video to video tape.

I started using moving maker mainly to make short movies which I could send via e-mail to the States and OZ.

I now want to be able to not only transfer the movies I've transferred directly to my hard drive but also later, when I get more experience, transfer the ones I did to VHS back to the hard drive then DVD.

I must be missing something because I can make everything in Nero work except a DVD-Video. It's probably looking me in the face but can I see it?

daxian 20:07 05 May 2005

hi border collie...
what dvd writer are you using and is it being recognized by nero .?
i had to upgrade to nero 6 as my recorder was not seen by 5.5.10.56......
compliance test error usually means the files are not in the right format for dvd .

jack 20:10 05 May 2005

Nero 5 does not do DVD's

Nero 6 or Nero Reload for DVD's

Expensive and IMHO Nero have gone OTT in complexity

I have now downloaded a simple freeware DVD burner.

Furthark 20:16 05 May 2005

jack, What freeware program is that?

Border Collie 20:31 05 May 2005

Hi daxian my DVDRW is _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A
Drivers are up to date. I've just re-read some info because you said my files may not be right and now realise I need a program to convert my movie to .VOB files etc.

jack, 5.5.10.56 gives a choice of CD or DVD writing. When choosing NEW - DVD - DVD-Video it shows the Audio_TS and Video_TS folders but I apparently need a program to covert my WMV or AVI files. Which simple freeware DVD burner would you recommend?

I can burn my movies as CD-Video but the CD soon fills up.

jack 14:30 06 May 2005

A Freeware program
Lots of them out there

I use XPPro3 v3.0.116

try click here

Border Collie 19:23 06 May 2005

jack. I got 'this page cannot be displayed' but thanks for your input.

crx1600. I'd forgotten I had Nero Express so updated with your first link and downloaded your second. Cost 24 Euros (about £17) but worth it because that's exactly what I needed, everything now working perfectly.

To recap.

I downloaded my home video via Moviemaker 2 and added titles, transitions and special effects then saved movie to My Computer as DV-AVI(PAL)

I then used Nero Express to save to DVD. I'll have to experiment with the Titles and Chapters etc.

Border Collie 19:23 06 May 2005

jack. I got 'this page cannot be displayed' but thanks for your input.

crx1600. I'd forgotten I had Nero Express so updated with your first link and downloaded your second. Cost 24 Euros (about £17) but worth it because that's exactly what I needed, everything now working perfectly.

To recap.

I downloaded my home video via Moviemaker 2 and added titles, transitions and special effects then saved movie to My Computer as DV-AVI(PAL)

I then used Nero Express to save to DVD. I'll have to experiment with the Titles and Chapters etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?