NEEDED help with links in OLE eith XP Home

[email protected] 15:35 07 Jan 2004

during "new message">insert.i get a dropdown menu,the menu is complete but only att. is black? If i try to drag & drop from favorites in to main message body it still goes on but as an att. How does evryone else create links and when they've created it,how do they chang it from url to "click here"(in colour).its doing my head in!What am i doing wrong,brief master-class needed!

hugh-265156 15:47 07 Jan 2004

i just use copy and paste to paste the url into the email or "insert/hyperlink" and type or paste the address in the box.the reciever of the mail will see the full address which can be clicked on as a link.

"click here" only works on this forum.

[email protected] 16:50 07 Jan 2004

CHEERS HUGGY,I SEE WHAT YOUR SAYING BUT IF I DRAG IT FROM THE FAVORITES INTO THE E-MAIL AND R/CLK THE PASTE OPTION IS THERE BUT ITS GREY,SAME AS IF I GO TO INSERT IN NEW MESSAGE,HYPERLINK,ATT,TXT ETC IS THERE IN THE DROP-DOWN BUT THEYRE ALL GREY EXEPT ATT

hugh-265156 16:58 07 Jan 2004

if you drag and drop it into the email then it will just attach it to the mail and not appear in the text.

similarly if you right click the favorite there is no option to "copy shortcut" the url.if you select copy then paste this in the email,as above it will just make it an attachment.

as you want it in the text then.

you could always click the favorite and then copy and paste the address from the open web page that appears or right click the favorite/properties and copy and paste the url from the url box shown.

[email protected] 17:40 07 Jan 2004

click here
so this should create a link.....hurahhh
i havnt had my add bar up but as you say favorites>properties © from there,thanx
while in OLE ive discovered a "new post" button!
can you explain that to me???
above link's a nice time killer
cherrs huggy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?