Need a new GPU compatible with my CPU i7 2600K

TNTQc 05:15 31 Jan 2019

I have a 2nd gen Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) and need to upgrade my GPU. This CPU can handle pci-e 2.0 cards only and not 3.0. I have bought a GTX 1070 and could not make it functional due to the PCI Express Revision supported by the processor. It seems that some pci-e 3.0 video card can function on the 2.0 slot, but the CPU don't accept it? So, I'm wondering what would be the top 3 video cards that this CPU will be able to handle? I have a ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 for the motherboard (it can handle the pci-e 3.0 cards, the board is not the problem. Verified by ASUS). Any suggestion please? Regards

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

The Best New Illustration and Graphic Design Talent from Brighton and Middlesex Universities

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros