Need a new email address but keep folders

collinsc 17:34 11 Dec 2018

Hi I'd like to change my email address (hotmail to hotmail/outlook), but id like to keep my years of emails and folder structure - is this possible?

also is it possible to divert emails sent to the OLD address to my new address?

many thanks!

difarn 15:14 12 Dec 2018

I think this article will answer all of your questions

click here

collinsc 20:30 12 Dec 2018

thanks!

wee eddie 20:57 12 Dec 2018

I suppose one has to ask, Why do you wish to change your e-mail address?

Jollyjohn 15:29 13 Dec 2018

There is a setting available to Forward your hotmail emails to your new address.

Log in to Livemail and go to settings, scroll down to More Settings - look for Mail - Forwarding - enter details and Save. You may need to verify your account after signing in

lotvic 21:21 13 Dec 2018

difarn 15:14 12 Dec 2018, thanks for that link, I've also been thinking to get Outlook addy instead/as well to my existing hotmail one.

wee eddie 21:38 13 Dec 2018

If we knew what the problem was, we might be able to cure it. So,no longer necessitating the change of address.

On the other hand, my nephew needed to change his address from "elfears" which, although true, was a tad embarrassing for a 30 year old budding executive

lotvic 22:17 14 Dec 2018

wee eddie, I don't know about collinsc's reason, but mine is to tidy-up things, I've got 4 separate various hotmail addys registered over last 20 odd years that I want to bring together/amalgamate onto a new @Outlook address without losing any emails and folders.

As stated on difarn's link

Even though you can no longer register new addresses with those domains, Microsoft currently has no plans to stop supporting them. However, they are being considered “legacy addresses” and the main focus is on the @outlook addresses now.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei P30 Pro review: hands-on

Inside the redesign of the world's largest computer games platform, Steam

Apple TV Plus streaming service launch, release date and price

Huawei P30 et P30 Pro : date de sortie, prix et fiches techniques