Need helping accessing a router

Padhraic Mac Maghnuis 10:43 01 May 2018

Hi there.

I am trying to access my router but there is a problem. I use the internet off my phone (hotspot/tethering) for my pc since I have unlimited internet (I dont have a braodband router). I have my default gateway but everytime I enter the address I end with a "page cannot be reached".

Any ideas? :D

alanrwood 13:21 01 May 2018

Check that you have the correct default gateway.

Padhraic Mac Maghnuis 16:26 01 May 2018

Yes I have the correct default gateway

Secret-Squirrel 17:30 01 May 2018

What are you hoping to accomplish Padhraic?

As far as I know, if you want to tweak your phone's Internet settings then it can only be done via the phone's settings section and not by entering an IP address into a web browser like you do with regular broadband routers.

Padhraic Mac Maghnuis 09:03 02 May 2018

I was hoping to set up a dedicated server for a computer game. the game requires certain ports to be opened, which by default are closed.

I am aware that this may not be possible to do through a phone but I thought I would at least try and ask about it.

Secret-Squirrel 09:24 02 May 2018

I was hoping to set up a dedicated server for a computer game. the game requires certain ports to be opened,..............

Sorry to disappoint you but you'll never be able to do that on a phone :(

Padhraic Mac Maghnuis 14:34 02 May 2018

ya i thought as much but i thought it was worth a try! thanks for the info

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

There's a new Gradient tool coming to Adobe Illustrator

Best Android emulators for Mac

Les drôles de questions à poser à votre assistant Google Home