Need help choosing between these laptops

Klopp_1996 18:39 23 Nov 2018

Hello all,

I've had my current laptop for over 4 years now and I'm looking for a change. My budget is £600, although I am willing to go a bit over. I mainly use it for watching videos and Netflix, and playing Football Manager. If I get a gaming laptop I may choose to play other games as well. There are three that I have my eye on at the moment:

HP OMEN 15-ce001na from SaveOnLaptops

MSI GL62M 7RDX-2073UK from SaveOnLaptops

ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Intel® Core™ i5+ GTX 1050 Gaming Laptop - 1 TB, Black from Currys

(Unable to post links as it's detected as spam).

I have asked several of my friends who fancy themselves as techies but they have all given me different answers. More people have told me that the last Acer one is the best, but I would preferably like an SSD which is the only thing putting me off. This isn't important for Football Manager but I know that it performs better overall. The fact that it's a Black Friday deal is pulling me towards it more as well.

I've been told that the main thing you need to look out for when choosing a laptop for Football Manager is the processor.

I'd appreciate any help I could get. Choosing and buying a laptop has always been an exciting thing for me in the past, but it's stressing me out at the moment. If you can find anything else within my budget that you'd suggest over my options then feel free to share it. Cheers!

rdave13 23:33 23 Nov 2018

At £600 you will not get a gaming laptop.

Klopp_1996 17:12 24 Nov 2018

Hiya,

I'm not necessarily looking for a gaming laptop. Just something that can run the next few Football Managers smoothly.

rdave13 18:15 24 Nov 2018

OK. They're not 'gaming laptops' per-say although they will play games at a low FPS rates. I've go one myself. The MSI has a 256 GB SSD and an undefined data spinner. Should think it's a 5400 rpm spinner. No optical drive but USB optical drives are cheap as chips. For that reason alone I would discard the Curries one although the GPU seems a tad better and CPU also a tad better. If it was my choice I would go for the MSI GL62M 7RDX-2073UK. That's my choice though and it is really up to your good self for the final decision. It has a 256 GB SSD (M.2 I should think) and a 1TB data drive. Good luck :)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?