Need explaination with Memtest86

marxa 12:50 14 Jul 2018

hello so after two bsod with tittle "memory managment fault" i did tests, first i did windows memory diagnostics and it said that problem exists with memory and then i ran memtest86. It's still running rn but i have question, right now i have about 250 errors with just one failing address, does it mean that just that address caused these errors and if i disable windows from using that address the rest of memory will do fine?

i have this pc for around 5 years. It has one stick of 4gb ram and the only recent change i had in my rig is replacing radeon hd6750 with gtx 1050 and i did that 4 months ago. Never had any problem with ram until yesterday

here is the pic of memtest click here

MJS WARLORD 13:30 14 Jul 2018

right click your hard drive then properties then tools , run the error checker , it may take a long time but at the end of it you will also get the chance to let windows repair itself. One other thing I thought of , a 5 year old pc might not be good enough to run a gtx 1050 , if you still have the old card put it back in for a while and see if the problems still happen. By now your windows reliability monitor will be 0 so to give you a clean chart run ccleaner and tick the box marked windows event log and run ccleaner . untick the box before you close ccleaner so you can start recording any fresh errors, you might also find this link useful.

click here for 10 but the same method should work for you.

its

Secret-Squirrel 13:42 14 Jul 2018

.........i have about 250 errors with just one failing address

I'm sure there's more than one address affected.

................if i disable windows from using that address the rest of memory will do fine?

That can't be done.

Tthere's nothing you can do to fix your faulty RAM module so it needs to be replaced. Simples.

MJS WARLORD 13:57 14 Jul 2018

hello again squirrel , I agree with you he must have more than 1 failing address , I am surprised the set up is running with only 4 gb ram.

marxa have you tried altering the size of windows virtual memory

marxa 17:29 14 Jul 2018

mjs warlord - yep i have 10 gb of virtual memory, played gta v with it

rdave13 20:12 14 Jul 2018

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)