Need to contact BT wholesale......

Tim1964 19:29 09 Aug 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to contact BT wholesale directly? Or more precisely, whoever is responsible for actually enabling a phone line for the MAXadsl service.
I was getting 2Mbps with my ISP (Madasfish) since I joined in December but then fell for the 'Up to 8 meg' hype and opted to regrade. My speeds are now always less than 1 meg even though my ISP reckoned at the time that I should get 3 megs. My ISP and BT are unable to restore my connection to it's original state saying that my line can only support 1 meg. BT (retail) can't help as I am not a BT BB customer and Madasafish can't help as they say "BT say.......only supports 1 meg" Around and around it goes.

How can BT wholesale say I can't get 2 megs when I was getting it for over 6 months? I just need them to 'undo' what ever was done at the exchange but there is no way to contact anyone...!!???!???

Mr Mistoffelees 19:33 09 Aug 2006
  Tim1964 19:57 09 Aug 2006

Thanks,

I'll try them tomorrow.

Stuartli 20:12 09 Aug 2006

Tiscali told me the same thing after I'd had a perfect 2MB service last year for six months...:-)

By the way I live just 580 metres from the exchange.

Tim1964 23:24 09 Aug 2006

Stuartli,

Are you getting 2 megs now, or are you on the MAX service?

johnnyrocker 23:36 09 Aug 2006

physical distance from exchang does not help much as it is a matter of the routing distance by wire to a premises.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?