Need a A5 Double sided printer

Ex plorer 17:52 15 Oct 2018

Hi I am looking for a printer that can do double sided printing on A5 paper.

My old Epson XP-610 can print double sided A4 but not A5 unless I turn the page over manually. with nearly 900 pages I don't want to go down that road.

So, a A4 printer that will do A5 double sided, or a stand alone A5 double sided printer. Mono only is fine.

Anyone point me in the right direction around the £100 mark. OS Windows 10

hastelloy 18:26 15 Oct 2018

If you're doing large runs, I think you'd be better with a laser printer The ink is more expensive than inkjet but you get more pages per cartridge.

wee eddie 18:33 15 Oct 2018

Of course, you could print page 1 & 4 on one side and 2 & 3 on the other, and then fold in half.

Then print page 5 & 8 on one side and 6 & 7 on the other, again folding in half.

In the binding process, you just put each together.

If I remember rightly, M$ Word has a facility to automatically set A5 formatted pages, into the correct order for printing, in sequence, onto A4 paper.

hastelloy 20:27 15 Oct 2018

wee eddie

I'd thought of that but with 900 pages (225 A4 sheets) it would be very easy to get it wrong.

wee eddie 20:35 15 Oct 2018

Aye, but you only do 1 chapter at a time

compumac 21:19 15 Oct 2018

I have a Canon printer and previously an HP and it is possible to produce 4 A5 pages on one sheet of paper using duplex printing and selecting Printer properties and selecting booklet. BUT if you go down that line then print a few pages at a time as I had a document that had over 200 pages and pages 105 to 115 went haywire.

BT 08:31 16 Oct 2018

Of course, you could print page 1 & 4 on one side and 2 & 3 on the other, and then fold in half.

it would be very easy to get it wrong.

Aye, but you only do 1 chapter at a time

I was attempting to print a small pamphlet (16 pages) recently. I've done it before but this time I got so confused I ended up just printing 2 per A4 and having it single sided

Pine Man 10:13 16 Oct 2018

I have a Canon TS8000 series that will print A5 paper both sides from Word or PDF files etc, etc.

Just cut all the A4 in half before starting.

compumac 11:12 16 Oct 2018

Pine Man

I have the Canon TS8150 and print 4 - A5 pages on one sheet of paper using duplex printing and selecting Printer properties and selecting booklet.

Pine Man 15:03 16 Oct 2018

compumac

I too have the TS8150 but thought that it would be better to cut the A4 in half first and then print with all pages coming out in the correct order rather than print first then cut after and have to manually sort the pages.

compumac 15:18 16 Oct 2018

Pine Man.

You are able to print ALL pages or selected pages and the TS8150 will print those pages in the right order in that page 1 will back onto page 2, page 3 will back onto page 4 and page 5 will back up onto page 6 etc, etc.

Select Printer Properties, - Page Setup, Under "Page Layout" select "Booklet" - right on the end to the right.

Try - Print out a document of just a few pages and see.

I have done many documents in this way and cut them into A5 AFTER printing and use binder to put them together

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)