NEC ND 3520A Black,oem

bretsky 01:06 27 Feb 2005

I would like to purchase the above from click here

Has anyone had any dealings with this site? it is also reviewed in the pca magazine.

I have an NEC 1100A DVD+R+RW and am very pleased with its performance but it isn't D/L and is limited to just the + format, hence I would like to get above for performance and compatibility.

I Already have Roxio CD & DVD Creator 6 and Deep burner and Sonic my DVD authoring software.

Dell Dimension 4300, running Winxp home ed sp1.

Any comments welcome.

bretsky ;0)

bvw in bristol 01:10 27 Feb 2005

Scan are fine but I prefer click here

Strawballs 01:17 27 Feb 2005

I don't know much about the site that you are refering to but I have bought a lot from this company and they got PC Pro online vender of the year. click here

bretsky 01:29 27 Feb 2005

Sorry folks, where are my manners, "Good morning people"

Thanx for the response, those have gone into my favourites.

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 13:57 27 Feb 2005

Anymore thoughts?

Just been thinking, none of the software above supports dual layer recording, any free software programs you can recommend to facilitate this.

bretsky ;0)

€dstowe 14:32 27 Feb 2005

Burnable dual layer discs are a bit of a rarity as yet and are expensive.

Do you really need the luxury of 9.4GB DVDs? Many of the commercial films on DVD are nowhere near that size and of those, many are often stuffed with extraneous junk which is of slight or nil importance to the enjoyment of the disc.

By all means buy the burner - that model is a nice product but, don't do yourself a mischief trying to make it fill discs with a load of rubbish just because you have the space available to do it.

The burner itself will identify the type of disc it has inside it and will tell the burning software what it is. Nero will burn to dual layer discs as will several of the later versions of DVD editing software.

BTW the link given by bvw were selling that model burner at a very good price recently - £39.99 inc VAT. click here

€dstowe 14:35 27 Feb 2005

Just looked at the Scan price which is about the same but, take into account carriage charges. Sometimes SVP have cheap delivery offers at weekends.

bretsky 14:54 27 Feb 2005

Thanx very much for the advice, must admit I haven't seen these dual layer disc's about on my travels, but I definitely want to get the NEC burner.

Thanx again.

bretsky ;0)

€dstowe 15:05 27 Feb 2005

Dual layer disc click here VERY expensive if all you manage is a coaster.

They will come down in price as more people use them but I wouldn't even thing of it. Far, far cheaper to use two 4.7GB discs and a double disc case.

Technotiger 15:06 27 Feb 2005

Hi, I would strongly support Strawballs recommendation - I have been into Novatech, it is near my home - excellent, very clean and helpfull
and just about unbeatable prices. (ie bought a 17" TFT - £155.)

Technotiger 15:11 27 Feb 2005

Me again - Novatech have NEC ND3520 8x DVD Dual Layer oem £46.45 incl vat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?