ndiswan.vxd? Missing File?

pj1664 17:57 28 Apr 2004

Hi everyone, I have a slight problem with the above file. I recently installed a software for a ADSL Modem but the modem didnt work well so I uninstalled the software through Add and Remove progs. I was then prompted to restart the computer but the OS stop loading up half way informing me that the above file is missing and suggest reinstalling the file ( windows 98 still loads up by pressing enter). I have gone to SFC to see if I can load this file through the instalation disk but it keeps telling me that the file don't exist. How can I load this file without actually reinstalling windows 98? What is this file for anyway? I would really appreciate any input on this. Thank you.

GaT7 18:38 28 Apr 2004

Try reinstalling Dial-Up networking. Record all phone numbers, TCP/IP settings, and other protocols before you remove the Dial-Up adapter. click here for a guide to reinstall Dial-Up networking - follow it carefully. Good luck, G

airbourne1 20:22 28 Apr 2004

I had this problem when I first tried to install adsl modem, after many phone calls and wasted restarts I reinstalled windows. That cured it.

pj1664 19:12 29 Apr 2004

Thank you very much, It worked.

GaT7 22:15 29 Apr 2004

Did reinstalling dial-up networking work or did you have to reinstall Windows?

BTW, thanks for the email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?