Name change in Gmail by who?

martd7 12:24 21 Mar 2018
Answered

Last weekend I noticed emails I sent through Gmail were not in my name it had been altered somewhat,It was me sending them just my name had been altered to " Mart Demon" I changed it back to my original name,through Gmail/Google preferences

How can this have happened?

wiganken2 14:20 21 Mar 2018

In "Settings" click on the "Accounts & Import" tab. There you should see "Send email as" and you may find it has been changed to "Mart Demon". I believe you can change this by clicking on the "Edit info" on the right of that page.

martd7 14:29 21 Mar 2018

Wiganken2

I have changed it back already,my question is how did it get changed to begin with,as it wasn't me

Forum Editor 16:10 21 Mar 2018
Answer

I would not waste time worrying about how this happened. I suggest that you click here and scroll down to the section headed 'Securing your account'.

martd7 17:19 21 Mar 2018

Thanks FE , the name change was a play on words as well ie Mart demon -Matt damon

Peter~24 08:40 22 Mar 2018

martd7,

Perhaps someone knows your password and has made this change as a "joke"? Might be best to change your password and keep it to yourself.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

Aardman, Blue Zoo, The Mill, Jellyfish and other creatives join the Resistance against Brexit

Apple Maps vs Google Maps

Test : le Mi Mix 3 de Xiaomi