my windows won't stay as i left them.

second best 01:21 08 Oct 2004

hi, i remember it working in th epat bur for a long while now, i have not been able to save my previous viewing style. also my quick launch changes every time i reboot. hiding some of the icons. i constantly need to unlock it and drag it along to see all the qlaunch icons. but the windows not staying full size is frustrating. any ideas, thanks.

second best 11:56 08 Oct 2004

found this piece on info on this site, but am unsure what to do with it. don't know what is meant by DWORD.

click here

HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM OF WINDOWS XP LOSING EXPLORER WINDOW POSITIONS AND VIEW SETTINGS
By default XP only stores Window positions and views for the last 400 folders (or windows) which means that once this is exceeded, new folders will not store their last positions or correct settings. To get round this, run Regedit and delete these two keys :
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsShell
NoRoamBagMRU
NoRoamBags

Then add the following lines which will make the 400 limit increase to 1000 - should be enough for normal use.
Run Regedit, find these two keys:
NoRoam
Add this new DWORD value under BOTH above keys:BagMRUSize (with size 1000 decimal)
Then reboot.

second best 12:28 10 Oct 2004

thanks for that crx1600. you're a star, been bugging me for ages that has. little patch worked a treat. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?