My Toshiba laptop won’t turn on!

RamenNoNoodles 16:34 25 Oct 2018

Water was spilt onto the laptop by accident and I managed to wipe the majority of it off then I used a hairdryer just in case and the laptop was working fine but the mouse pad and a few keys wasn’t doing well, so, I shut down the laptop and took the battery out and then put it back in and pressed the on button and one of the lights that tells me the laptop is on was on but I put on the charger and the light to show it was charging wasn’t coming on and now the laptop won’t turn on. What should I do?

wee eddie 20:44 25 Oct 2018

Liquid is death to all electronics. Even the smallest amount can short some part out.

Sadly, it looks as if your wiping was insufficient.

The advised routine for any spillage is to, immediately turn it off and remove all sources of electricity. Remove battery, unplug from Mains, that kind of thing. Then leave it in a warm place for 48 hours.

If you are lucky, try the last. You may get away with it. Otherwise, it's dead

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:28 25 Oct 2018

If it worked off battery but doesn't appear to work or charge of mains ten sounds like power side of motherboard failed

would be interesting if you could recharge battery from another source and see if it would work when recharged battery is reconnected.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL