My snowflakes are not falling!!

[email protected] 10:08 16 Nov 2004

What am I doing wrong? using Netscape Composer, I go to HTML source and paste in the contents of the box found here
click here
but I do not get any snowflakes.
Also if it did work I'm not sure how to chane the bits as directed. Could somebody explain in as basic a fashion as possible?
Thanks!

[email protected] 10:33 16 Nov 2004

Yes I copied before the tag, and I copied the whole thing (!) I don't knoiw if I have flash installed (beginner!)

scotty 10:46 16 Nov 2004

Have tried out this script and it works. I used Notepad.
Place this before the script -

<html>

<head>

<title>Snowflakes</title>

</head>

and this after the script -

<body>

<h2>Test page for snow flakes script</h2>

</body>

</html>

No doubt I will be accused of failing to follow the strict html conventions but it should let you try it.

To change the variables, look in the code where it says CONFIGURATION STARTS HERE and just edit the numbers.

[email protected] 11:36 16 Nov 2004

Oh dear! I really don't know what I'm doing wrong!! I did the bit that Taran suggested and in "Normal" view I just got the words:-
html>
Test page for snow flakes script
But no snowflakes (& I did change the background to blue so that they would show).
What exactly did you mean by "I used notepad" ?
At the moment I am
1. selecting all(entire contents of scrolling box on web page given) and copying
2. Opening composer and clicking on HTML Source Page
3.Pasting entire contnet of the box, directly above the bit that says, "</body></html> "
I don't have SP2 installed, I don't know anything about Java (XP HOme SP1 running)
The working page is great but I don't know what to do with it! (pity it isn't a downloadable animation I could cope with that!)
Consider me a challenge!!

[email protected] 12:01 16 Nov 2004

The sample page opens in IE6, which is my default browser. I don't have an MS web page design package, so I use Composer on a WYSIWYG basis, which is easy for a beginner (and was free).
I didn't do anything with the sample page other than view it.
If I paste the script into the HTML page I get nothing in Normal or Preview mode, if I do what scotty suggested I get the words
html> Test page for snow flakes script
In both normal and preview mode.
I would try the publishing thing but (ashamed to say) I don't know how to do it :(

[email protected] 12:29 16 Nov 2004

PS Tried publishing as a listing page in Ebay- Blue Background no snowflakes!

[email protected] 13:22 16 Nov 2004

Am following your advice but for time being using about it is:-
Netscape 7.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
Good grief it worked!!! (didn't change the background colour though so may be it is a question of "layers" and I had put the background colour on top of it. Off to see if it works with a background- also to try and change the snowflake variables!! (HO HUM!)
THANKS!!!

[email protected] 13:26 16 Nov 2004

OK- I have colourd backgrounds and snow falling, final question (I p[romise!) when I load pics and animations on to Ebay I have to host them online so I use Photobucket. Using the page I have now created i sthe snow stored on my hard drive? In which case where do I have to host it? (photo bucket only takes pic files as far as I can see).
Thanks, father Christmas will be good to you this year!!

[email protected] 13:46 16 Nov 2004

i just tried to list to Ebay but got this error message:-
Your listing cannot contain javascript (".cookie", "cookie(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href.

Er! Yes!

[email protected] 14:10 16 Nov 2004

Don't worry I have snow falling on my desk top and I am Very grateful for all your help-thank-you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)