My sent E-mails being blocked - alleged spam

Trikie 21:04 04 Sep 2016

For several years I have been sending a weekly e-mail ride report to 60 people using a contact list.

Last week and today I've had this message about 5 of them

*This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-2-imp. I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Easyride 3rd September",* *could not be delivered to (recipients e-mail address) The remote mail system said; 554:5.2.0 fXAp1t00H1Sj82Q01XApo4 Spam content found*

The message comes from mailer-daemon at virginmedia.com

How can I identify what is causing this and stop it happening?

difarn 21:46 04 Sep 2016

It may be that your account has been compromised. I would suggest that you change your password.

This article from the Virgin Media Community may help - there is also a link given so that you can report it.

click here

Trikie 00:55 05 Sep 2016

Thanks. The article seems to be about spoofing but in my case I did send the e-mails.

I include myself in the contacts list to check that messages are OK and today one of the rejected e-mails was the one addressed to me. If it was some form of spoofing I would have expected to receive my genuine message but I haven't and so wonder if something was added to the rejected messages and the message is genuine.

The original messages are included as attachments which I don't open.

I will change my password as suggested.

Trikie 12:01 05 Sep 2016

I copied the text of Saturday's e-mail that went to all my 54 contacts, including me (5 were rejected, including mine)and sent it to myself using my contact list address.This is an alias for my Virgin e-mail

It was rejected so I tried again using the ordinary (non alias) address and this has also been rejected. .

Trikie 12:11 05 Sep 2016

Tried another tack. Forwarded the original report to 2 contact list names. Addressed individually as 2 separate messages - both rejected.

Does all this help to identify what's happening?

alanrwood 12:39 05 Sep 2016

The emails that were rejected were not sent to aol.com addresses by any chance were they. I have had this problem several times with mailouts.

Trikie 15:48 05 Sep 2016

Thanks.

Messages are my originals text only.No AOL, in fact the 2 separate ones were both to blueyonder.

Will try changing my IP address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Moleskine launches limited edition Lord of the Rings notebook collection

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?