My PC turns on but the monitor is no signal

mali77 17:23 08 Jun 2018

I bought a custom built pc around 3 years ago and it hasn't had a single issue since. Recently when I play a game on it the pc sometimes will get a black screen and will make a distorted noise. This is usually fixed after I turn it on and off. However, a few days ago instead of getting a black screen when it crashed the screen turned brown. After I tried to reset it the monitor keeps saying no signal. I checked the DVI cable and made sure it was in properly. After this I took out the ram and wiped it and the CMOS(I have no history with computers). When I turn the computer on the fans are working and the GPU's fans also work so i'm not sure what the issue is.

My rig is: Gtx 970 i7 4790k Two 8gb rams 750 PSU

Any advice on how to fix it would be appreciated.

MJS WARLORD 17:28 08 Jun 2018

try a different monitor on the pc , this will at least determine if the monitor is faulty or if it is the pc with a problem

mali77 17:33 08 Jun 2018

The monitor works it turns on and works on other computers but it keeps saying no signal found on my computer.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 08 Jun 2018

try the monitor cable on your other machine

if still same try removing and refitting the graphics card.

wee eddie 18:25 08 Jun 2018

This is a long shot but will cost you nothing to carry out.

Take the cover off Graphics Card and clean between the fins of the heat exchanger.

mali77 18:32 08 Jun 2018

Thanks for the advice i'm gonna try it now i'm not too good with computers so hopefully I don't break anything

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Julian Glander recreates your art school experience in quirky video game Art Sqool

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

TV & streaming : comment regarder la Ligue des Champions 2018-2019 ?