My PC keeps shutting itself down without warning

Tupak Ray 22:51 09 Nov 2016

so my pc keeps shutting down randomly. No error messages,nothing. and it seems to happen randomly but happens consistently while I try to play games. I have reinstalled windows twice and it seems to work for few days but then suddenly it happens again. also, I added RAM few weeks ago and was working fine for 2 weeks before this started to occur...also, its win 8.1 pro help me pleaseeee....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:36 10 Nov 2016
  1. Bad memory module rum memtest

2. Overheat - you may need to clean the heat sink and fans

3. PSU starting to fail - may require replacement

PA28~2 09:59 10 Nov 2016

Does sound like overheating to me too. Particularly if it only happens during gaming.

maha_wasim 07:23 14 Nov 2016

The two issues you have already sorted out but nothing worked as maybe you didn't tweak your PC settings yet maybe that's why the issue is still prevailing on your Windows. I had the same issue when I started using Windows 8.1 but now I've switched to MacBook. But I would suggest you, to go through the link below because that had helped me great when I had the similar issue as yours'. click here

maha_wasim 07:26 14 Nov 2016

The two issues you have already sorted out but nothing worked as maybe you didn't tweak your PC settings yet maybe that's why the issue is still prevailing on your Windows. I had the same issue when I started using Windows 8.1 but now I've switched to MacBook. But I would suggest you, to go through the link below because that had helped me great when I had the similar issue as yours'. click here

Burn-it 17:28 14 Nov 2016

Look at the event log for the time it crashes. It will at least give you a clue as to what happened just before it crashed. Also look at the free Nirsoft utilities. There are ones there that are designed to help with crashes.

MiltonBoose 22:07 14 Nov 2016

Your PC is affected by virus and this virus located in the registry of the computer and you can clean the registry or you can use antivirus like McAfee.

PA28~2 23:56 21 Nov 2016

Why do you think this is a virus? Doesn't read that way to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?