My pc gets random "lags" while gaming

Martin Trcka 13:47 14 Nov 2016

Hi there,

I would like to ask you for any help if you know what could be the problem.

A few days ago, I've bought a new graphics card (upgrading from Radeon R9 270 3GB to Gainward gtx 1060 6GB) because of random lags even in simple game like league of legends). In league my average fps was easily around 250 but even though I was getting random freezes. It was happening basicaly in any situation dropping from 250 to 10fps for a sec and then jumping back up. I've tried to lock it up with 60fps VSYNC but without any change. Later on I've seen some topics about this card struggling with this game.

At this moment with gtx 1060 my fps aren't dropping however the issue with lags continues. The only difference is that you can't really see those fps going down and those lags seems to start to be almost cycling. So what I've done so far is testing/stressing ram, hdd, cpu, gpu without any issues displayed. This problem occurs in all games I play, like GTA V, Witcher 3, Fifa 17, Crysis 3 etc. No problem found. Here is my setup:

1. MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3 - Intel Z97
  2. Power supply: Corsair CS550M, 550W
  3. System/drivers only SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 - 240GB
  4. Other data storage HDD: WD Caviar Green EZ - 1TB
  5. RAM: Evolveo Zeppelin GOLD 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333
  6. CPU: Intel Core i5-4690
  7. GPU: Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
  8. All drivers: up to date
  9. OS: Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-Bit
  10. PC status: Clean AF, low temperatures, Regular maintenance
  11. Monitor: Running at 60Hz 1920x1080 BenQ RL2455, Using VSYNC 60 if possible

I'll be happy for any suggestions. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?