My PC is broken and I don't know why

Callumwhite32 01:23 24 Nov 2018

So, I have tried EVERYTHING I can think to try. I'm getting code 43 port reset failed on every single usb device I plug in. This has happened so suddenly my pc was literally working 5 mins before it wasn't. I just don't know what to do I've tried literally everything I need to know if there's anything else I can do.

I've tried CMOS battery I can't get unit bios because my keyboard doesn't work - even with the ps/2 adapter which is weird because my mouse works with that but only that. I've tried taking it apart and putting it back togetherm I've tried individual hardware tests and it's not my hardware apparently. I've tried driver updates. I've tried malware antivirus.

Literally on the verge of smashing it to pieces it's making me so angry now.

Any advice is appreciated.

wee eddie 02:44 24 Nov 2018

Yes - Turn it off and go to bed.

Tomorrow morning disconnect everything but the keyboard, preferably a PS2 one and tell us again

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:42 24 Nov 2018
  1. Power - Restart (not shutdown), see if the ports work after its rebooted.

2. Uninstall everything under the heading USB in device manager then repeat no 1. windows should reinstall the USB drivers on reboot.

Callumwhite32 13:35 24 Nov 2018

I tried both of those suggestions and still it's the same, port reset failed and usb not recognised for everything.

Could it possibly be a hardware issue?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:17 24 Nov 2018

Yes it could - worse case scenario is the onboard non replaceable fuse has blown if you have overloaded the ports.

you could try USBDOblivian to remove all USB info from the registry and then reboot and see if windows will find and re install the devices.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable