My new built PC crashes when I play games!

CRZE__ 18:30 08 Jan 2019

I built a new pc a few days ago and I'm having problems as everytime I launch a game 2 minutes in my Pc crashes ( I don't mean the blue screen) and I can't do anything except turn the power off and back on.

The specs are below:

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gigabyte Z370p D3 16 gb corsair ddr4 ram i7 9700k 8 cores 650w corsair Gold PSU 240mm cooler master rgb liquid cooler WD 1tb HDD Crucial MX500 248gb SSD

I have tried using my old GPU 1050ti to launch a game to see if the GPU was the problem but my pc still crashed. I have reinstalled the ram and cpu. And applied new thermal paste. I have unplugged all my wires and put them back in correctly.

1 thing to say before I built this PC I had to update my mobo bios to F10 (which is the update that supports 9th gen) so I could use my new cpu.

Please can someone help!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:12 08 Jan 2019
  1. run a memory test

2. check driver updates.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf