My laptop won't reset or restore...

CeriJJ 01:52 27 Jun 2017

I hope I'm in the right place for some help. This afternoon I went to turn on my HP laptop and I thought things were fine until I realised the task bar wouldn't work. Then ctrl alt delete would not work either, nor the window button on the keyboard. I ended up rebooting it, the taskbar still wasn't working but this time the desktop froze as soon as I clicked the mouse. Again I rebooted and the same thing kept happening. My brother managed to shift and press restart so we could restore to an earlier date. There was only one date there and after it said it had finished an error came up saying it couldn't be done and nothing has changed. I've just tried to reset it while keeping personal files and again at the end it said it couldn't be done and nothing could be changed.

I have no idea what's happened. It was perfectly fine the night before. I've not downloaded anything or had any updates since last week. I'm completely stumped.

I'm really not great at computer things so I hope I've explained things ok. I would really apreciate any advice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 28 Jun 2017

press and hold shift and then windows key - power - restart

boot into safe mode and try the reset from there.

If that doesn't work then download and make the windows boot media and boot from that to try the reset

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?