My Laptop Has Will Not Boot Up

Will_Carmi 17:35 26 Nov 2016

I have an Asus 550c laptop and I factory reset it, due to this every time I turn the device on, it boots straight into BIOS and I am not able to select any boot options, anybody have any advice? Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 26 Nov 2016

Remove and refit the hard drive and retry.

Will_Carmi 19:46 26 Nov 2016

I have removed the hard drive already Fruit Bat, however it still boots back into BIOS, there are also no options to boot from the hard drive or CD.

Govan1x 21:27 26 Nov 2016

Does it move from the bios if you press Escape.

I could be wrong but I think most laptops are set to start from Cd or DVD. So what happens that you cant change anything. Does the up down and side buttons not work at all.

I suppose you have tried the old trick of removing the battery and power charger then holding the start button down for 50 seconds. That gets rid of any static on it. Then just install the battery and charger again to see if that helps.

Govan1x 22:16 26 Nov 2016

Just thinking if you factory reset it you will need to download the drivers for it again I would imagine.

Maybe your touchpad and keys are not working hence no movement in the Bios.

I suppose you could download your drivers from another computer to DVD and try and install them on your laptop.

I am only guessing of course and probably way off the mark but thought that i would give you something to think about while waiting for others to help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:41 27 Nov 2016

If the keyboard and trackpad are not working in BIOS try plugging in a USB mouse / keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?