My Incredimail programme has stopped working

WelshPrincess 11:05 28 Feb 2018

I use Windows 7. About 13 years ago, I discovered the Incredimail email client service and bought a lifetime membership of their Premium, Gold, and Letter Creator programmes, and IM Superpack of animations. All this came with V.I.P. Support which guaranteed that any problems I had would be dealt with immediately, usually that day. I still have all the invoice receipts for these items.

Fairly recently, Incredimail has been bought by a company called Perion who are trying to pressurise me into buying (again) their 'super improved' Premium and Gold programmes which have a recurring yearly membership fee. I have resisted this, but now they have made it impossible for me to send or receive emails using their programme. When I ask for their so-called V.I.P. Support, it can take over a week before they respond, and then I usually cannot understand their instructions. I have just about given up on them and am looking for an alternative email client which is simple to look at, and to use, with a full page inbox, and in which I can include animations and midi tunes in emails I send as you can in Incredimail. Does anyone know of any such programme?

john bunyan 14:05 28 Feb 2018

I don’t know them but have you seen this?

incredimail

Secret-Squirrel 18:13 28 Feb 2018

.........but now they have made it impossible for me to send or receive emails using their programme.

What are the symptoms exactly? Do you get any error messages? It could be a problem with your email provider or account and nothing to do with Incredimail.

WelshPrincess 21:05 01 Mar 2018

John Bunyan Thank you for the link. I have been working on it using the info contained in it and I have had partial success, in that nearly 2000 emails suddenly downloaded themselves! However, since then more recent emails (in my gmail account) have not been downloaded in IM, plus it still won't let me send any emails.

WelshPrincess 21:08 01 Mar 2018

John Bunyan Thank you for the link. I have been working on it using the info contained in it and I have had partial success, in that nearly 2000 emails suddenly downloaded themselves! However, since then more recent emails (in my gmail account) have not been downloaded in IM, plus it still won't let me send any emails.

WelshPrincess 21:10 01 Mar 2018

John Bunyon Sorry - I've just replied to your post twice! Not sure how that happened.

WelshPrincess 21:18 01 Mar 2018

Secret-Squirrel Thank you for your suggestions. No, I haven't received any error messages. When I write an email and press the Send button, nothing happens. It just ends up in the Outbox and stays there regardless of whatever I do. When I click on the Get Mail tab, nothing happens even though I can see from my gmail account that there are dozens of emails waiting to be sent through to Incredimail

Secret-Squirrel 09:28 02 Mar 2018

Thanks for the info - I doubt that it's a Gmail problem.

My Incredimail experience is limited but I'll try to help:

........................ press the Send button, nothing happens.....................When I click on the Get Mail tab, nothing happens

In other email clients there's an option that if deselected will cause that issue. There appears to be a similar option in Incredimail so head over to the properties for your mail account, and at the bottom of the "General" section make sure that the "Include this account....." box is ticked. If you make a change then try the Get Mail button again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this free…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser WhatsApp sur son iPad ?