Hot Topics

My hotmail email account has changed today.

Aitchbee 21:16 01 Jan 2020

Seems as though it has been 'taken over' by Microsoft as my name is now ACCOUNT TEAM. When I check settings at top right it seems I've now got a Microsoft account with my correct DOB already inserted into my profile! Looks like if I proceed to delete the MS account [which I don't want] I will lose my trusty Hotmail email address after 20 years ;o(

Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Aitchbee 23:23 01 Jan 2020

Furthermore, after further investigation, I now find some of the family & friends' photos 'n' videos which were sent to me a while back, as attachments, now exist on OneDrive along with a multitude of other apps [appearing top left on screen] which I have no intention of using.

... there's me thinking that my old XP computer was impervious to all of this Microsoft subterfuge takeover malarky!

x13 06:54 02 Jan 2020
  Aitchbee 11:53 02 Jan 2020

Thanks x13. I'll just leave my profile name as ACCOUNT TEAM even although I can easily edit it to my own name.

Don't want to pull the plug on microsoft just yet but I'll probably start using an alternative operating system and different email provider in the near future.

Unfortunately my old trusty hotmail email address is inextricably linked to so many other digital online services so will just let it receive incoming mail for the time being and use another email address for sending messages.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Can you see the bottle in this Coke ad?

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs drones pas chers (2020)