my game wont run.

notmeguv 19:39 07 Feb 2004

xp pro. 2.4ghz. 512mb ddr. i just bought black&white by ea games. it insalled succesfully but wgen i go to run it no message comes up it just stops and sends me back to my desktop. my directx tests where ok. i got a nvidia gforce fx 5600 128mb. i tried closing all my programs like msn messinger and anti virus. please help cos it looks good.

notmeguv 19:46 07 Feb 2004

and all my other games still work and ive been through the useless help files that came with the game.

AndyJ 19:50 07 Feb 2004

I think Black and White is a pre-XP game, so you may have to run it in compatability mode (fight-click on desktop icon, select Properties then Compatability tag)

User FAQs for the game can be found here click here

hugh-265156 19:51 07 Feb 2004

click here click here click here

try a patch click here

also try updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version click here

grabster 19:55 07 Feb 2004

Hi, You could try this link click here and maybe check out the tech support as there could be a hundred and one reasons why it wont run, it works ok for me on my similar system with geforce 4mx 440.
Great game by the way.

notmeguv 19:59 07 Feb 2004

it didnt give me the option to create a desktop icon, how do i create one? please

grabster 20:13 07 Feb 2004

Find the game files then right click on the .exe file which starts the game,cant remember which one as i have uninstalled the game recently,and click send to/desktop then locate the shortcut on your desktop and use that to start the game.

grabster 20:15 07 Feb 2004

Program files\EAgames\blackandwhite perhaps ???

notmeguv 20:30 07 Feb 2004

cant find any .exe files. aaaaaaaaaaarrrggggghhhh! sorry bout that pissed of am i.

notmeguv 20:39 07 Feb 2004

none of the above works. please help me.

notmeguv 20:49 07 Feb 2004

do you think it could be cos i havent got a sound card and itd a biult in sound max thingy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?