My ecot computer is locked up

FugateN201 05:46 27 Apr 2018
Answered

So awhile back my online school got shut down. ( Tax fraud I think) So here I am with a computer that does nothing. It’s all locked up the only screen I can get to is the log in screen. But I can’t log in anymore. And like I said it’s all locked up. It’s a hp that runs windows 7 professional. Surely there’s something I can do to get in. Any help is much appreciated:)

Govan1x 09:09 27 Apr 2018

Have you tried running it in safe mode to see if it gets past the sign in stage.

Not sure if setting it back to factory settings would work. Try tapping F10 or F11 at start up to see if you get any reaction.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:14 27 Apr 2018
Answer

Search the forum as there is another thread about theses computers from this online school.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:15 27 Apr 2018
  FugateN201 14:41 27 Apr 2018

Nether F10 or F11 triggered anything.

FugateN201 14:44 27 Apr 2018

Does it have a windows & serial number sticker on it? if so you can download and burn a windows 7 CD (or USB) Then you can clean install the operating system using the serial number

How’s would I do all of this ?

FugateN201 14:46 27 Apr 2018

There’s a serial number and a product key number sticker on my computer

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:43 27 Apr 2018

click here follow the steps to download and burn a windows 7 dvd.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Best art and design exhibitions in 2018

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

E3 2018 : dates, conférences de presse, billets et plus