MY DELL MONITOR SWITCHES ITSELF OFF BUT?

SANAP 22:23 10 Jun 2004

I have just got a new dell monitor and if left unattended for a time it switches itself off but the only way I can get it to come back on is by removing the power lead at the back and even then I had to do this a few times just now. I know a small bit about power management and monitor is to switch off after 2 hours but the other monitor just went to standby and a click on the mouse got it back. I am suing winxp pro with new monitor so what am I doing wrong ie What do I do to get monitor re-started?

thanks

sanap

THE TERMINATOR 22:45 10 Jun 2004

go into control panel,double click on power options, click on the power schemes tab and in the pull down list for system standby, choose never. TT

colrobs 22:48 10 Jun 2004

If the monitor goes to standby mode usually moving the mouse restarts it. Check your power management settings - right click an empty part of the desktop > left click properties > select screensaver > left click power. What is your current monitor setting ? You could select "never" and therefor the monitor should always remain on until you close down Windows.
I am no expert on monitors but if you tell the software never to turn off the monitor (ie go to standby mode ) and it does this would have me thinking it is a fault with the monitor.
Also, have you tried emailing Dell support. I have also just got a new Dell and had to email them with a couple of problems and found their response prompt and useful.

Hope this helps

Col.

woodchip 22:52 10 Jun 2004

If your going to leave the comp for two hours it makes more sense to turn the monitor of. not use standby

SANAP 22:56 10 Jun 2004

thanks for replies, i have set it to turn off never and will leave it on overnight and see waht happens. I think there is a fault and it is just my luck, this is a replacement for the 1st one!! I willl email dell support as well.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?